Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Title: He Sees / Topic: God's View

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 8; Ezekiel 9; Ezekiel 10; Ezekiel 11; Revelation 4

Scripture: Ezekiel 8:12 He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, 'The LORD does not see us; the LORD has forsaken the land.'"

Observation: In a vision, Ezekiel is shown the leaders of Israel worshipping idols. Each is doing it in in his own home -- they think that no one can see. (God even tells Ezekiel, "They say, 'The LORD does not see us...") The problem with their thinking is that they are wrong, God does see -- and He also shows what they are doing to Ezekiel.

Application: In reality, it is not a problem that God sees. It is actually a safeguard. I am glad that God has His eye on me -- that He is watching me -- that He is looking out for me. This provides many benefits to my life: safety, security, accountability, motivation. It also advances the truth that God loves me because one of the earmarks of love is attention. But because "God is watching," I need to be mindful to do right (that's the motivation I mentioned earlier). But since I love God and want to please Him and do His will, this only reinforces the good, spiritual motivation that I want to have in my life anyway.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I know You have Your eyes on me -- You have been observing me -- You know me. And the amazing thing about that is that You love me anyway. I know that You use what You observe in me to direct help and good things and people I need into my life. Assist and empower me to live in a way that makes You proud of me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Yes, it is a benefit that God sees us. We all need to think of that fact as the very positive thing it is instead of in the rather threatening way it's usually presented.