Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Title: True Life / Topic: Destiny

Today’s Reading: Matthew 8; Matthew 9; Matthew 10

Scripture: Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Observation/Application: True life. It's what we are all looking for. To live a life that is truly living -- truly significant -- true life. We strive for it, work for it, save for it, search for it. And we despair when we are unable to find it. People even take their own lives when they feel powerless to find it. But Jesus says the quest to find life is a losing proposition. Only if we give up our life for His sake will we find the true meaning of life.

Prayer: Lord, this is my desire. To truly lose my life for Your sake. I want to fulfill Your destiny for my life and not my own ideas about what I am to do and be. Help me, Lord, to walk this road of self-denial and death that produces true life. Lord, You know my struggle. Help me, Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.